Subject: Re: no IDEA in openssl?
To: Georg Schwarz <geos@epost.de>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/21/2004 08:44:45
On Fri, 21 May 2004, Georg Schwarz wrote:

> The current pkgsrc/security/openssl/Makefile contains:
>
> # IDEA, RC5, and MDC2 are disabled due to licensing and/or patent
> issues.
> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        no-idea no-rc5 no-mdc2
>
> I thought there was a switch USE_IDEA? Why isn't it being used anymore?

Before it did not have any switch. So it always used IDEA and it always
required ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES to be set to fee-based-commercial-use.

Since I got rid of the IDEA, RC5 and MDC2 support in early March, I think
you are the first to need (or want) it.

Try the following in the pkgsrc/security/openssl/Makefile down around the
RSAREF2 checks:

.if defined(USE_IDEA) && ${USE_IDEA} == "YES"
LICENCE=	fee-based-commercial-use # or should this be IDEA-licence?
.else
# IDEA, RC5, and MDC2 are disabled due to licensing and/or patent issues.
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=	no-idea
.endif
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=	no-rc5 no-mdc2

(Untested and you need to remove some lines first.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/