Subject: Re: distcc and make -jN
To: None <>
From: Bruce J.A. Nourish <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/19/2004 17:03:44
On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 09:05:40AM +0200, Juan RP wrote:
> On Wed, 19 May 2004 08:52:40 +0200
> Juan RP <> wrote:
> > You are right... in that case MAKE_FLAGS is what we need, because it's only
> > defined in the "do-build" target.
> MAKE_FLAGS seems to be used in other targets... anyway, your suggestion
> it's ok, I added a variable in the line 2543 (, and now I'm building
> pkgsrc apps with distcc (-j2), but some apps are failing like kdebase...

Hmm... maybe we could make a variable, say PKGSRC_NJOBS, that would cause
the appropriate -j option to be passed to the build. If the build is
known to break for N > 1, the Makefile could set PKGSRC_NJOBS=1.

It would be a bit tedious to figure out which packages broke, but it
would probably be worthwhile.

Thanks for fixing this so quickly!
Bruce J.A. Nourish <>
SDF Public Access UNIX System -