Subject: Re: To PR or not to PR, that is the question.
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
From: Marc Recht <recht@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/19/2004 12:15:15
--==========B0337EB9490471AE5544==========

> it on my system.  Doxygen now requires graphviz in order to
> build.  I don't really need graphviz, and the license is just too
> long to read carefully when I don't really want to use graphviz
> at all.

I added it since the install page sounded like it'd need it. I just re-read =

it and it rather states "To take full advantage of doxygen's features..".

> Can this be made optional, or can the package be split as the
> emacs is split into emacs and emacs-nox11?  Or is this too
> much of a corner-case to justify something like that?

It looks like the information (graphviz yes/no, path to graphviz and so on) =

is compiled directly into the binary. So, the only thing we could do would=20
be a doxygen and doxygen-nographiz pkg or something like that if we want=20
binary packages without the graphviz dependency. The question is now: what=20
about TeX and ghostscript?
I'd say let's go for a "doxygen-minimal" without any of the additional=20
stuff and a "doxygen" package with Makefile knobs which enables everything=20
by default.

Cheers,
Marc

--==========B0337EB9490471AE5544==========