Subject: problems with apache2 + php4
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Jones <chris@cjones.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/17/2004 16:20:46
I've been seeing these problems for a while now:  When httpd receives a
SIGHUP, it dumps core.  This means that "apachectl restart" and probably
"apachectl graceful" don't work.  By extension, newsyslog crashes
apache, and "/etc/rc.d/apache restart" kills it.

This problem involves memory handling in PCRE, and it's described here:

http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=27810

FreeBSD have a patch here:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/lang/php4/files/patch-ext%3a%3apcre%3a%3aphp_pcre.c?rev=1.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

I'm testing the FreeBSD patch now, but my machine is kind of slow; I may
not have results for a while.  Also, it would be nice if another set of
eyeballs could look at this patch.  Any volunteers?

Chris

--
Chris Jones               chris@cjones.org                www.cjones.org
     PGP ID 5AFDD40A