Subject: Why is libXinerama.so not wrapped by buildlink3 ?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Vincent <10.50@free.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/12/2004 12:50:14
Hi,

when I try to compile a Qt dependant app on my NetBSD 2.0E, like, e.g.,
scribus, configure always complains not finding -lqt-mt, not because it
does not find it, but because my libqt-mt depends on libXinerama which
is not found.

Indeed, looking in work/.buildlink reveals that there is a link on
libXinerama.a but none on libXinerama.so*, which means that even a :
LDFLAGS= '-L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXinerama' in Makefile fails.

Setting up the links by hand solves the problem, but yet, I'd like to
know if there is any reason for which libXinerama is not wrapped,
neither by buildlink3, neither by x11-links.

Thanks,
Vincent