Subject: Re: SETGIDGAME and id games
To: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/11/2004 23:46:57
On Tue, 11 May 2004, Jan Schaumann wrote:

> Another issue that snj@ brought up:  many of these games install
> scorefiles into /var/games.  That's obviously outside of ${PREFIX} and
> we may want to consider providing a default location.
> ${PREFIX}/share/games, maybe?  Other ideas?

"share" doesn't sound right to me. It seems like we use /usr/lib for
some changing data now.

We should have some variable like VAR_DIR, which could be ${PREFIX}/var
for example. This could be used by other packages too, like bind9 which
currently uses hard-coded "--localstatedir=/var" (and maybe wrong
--sysconfdir=/etc).

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/