Subject: Re: SETGIDGAME and id games
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/11/2004 21:45:44

Jan Schaumann <> wrote:
> =20
> > I just took a look at PR pkg/25313.  The problem here is that we
> > currently do not have a ``games'' owner for any games that might be
> > installed.  Some games, however, like to be installed setgid so they can
> > write to a shared scorefile.
> How about the attached diff?

Ok, I just committed this.  That means that we can now seep pkgsrc/games
and see which packages may want to do a setgid installation.

Another issue that snj@ brought up:  many of these games install
scorefiles into /var/games.  That's obviously outside of ${PREFIX} and
we may want to consider providing a default location.
${PREFIX}/share/games, maybe?  Other ideas?

Life," said Marvin, "don't talk to me about life."

Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (NetBSD)