Subject: packages with NO_BIN_ON_* restricted dependencies (like xine-lib
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/10/2004 15:19:59
My wife tells me she needs to watch some television show called Survivor
online, so I am installing xine-ui and mplayer.

I see that xine-lib depends on win32-codecs (on my platform).

But win32-codecs has NO_BIN_ON_CDROM and NO_BIN_ON_FTP defined.

It seems like we should not have any packages depend on something by
default that has restricted NO_BIN_ON_* or NO_SRC_ON_* defined.

I don't want to accidently upload my new packages to a
publically-available server.

Any comments on this? (Has this been debated before?)

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 open source, Unix, *BSD, Linux training
	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/