Subject: Aspell run time error
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Vincent <10.50@free.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/10/2004 16:54:34
Hi,

When I build aspell on my laptop, with NetBSD 2.0E, everything goes
fine.

When I compile it at my office, with NetBSD 2.0 BETA, it crashes. The
file errors.cpp in the "common" directory, which contains static
definitions of error contexts, seems to be wiped out by gcc (though it
seems to be the same gcc on both systems) at runtime or whatever.
Results is that the symbols defined in errors.cpp exist, but are NULL,
and aspell crashes.

Canceling out "extern" "extern "C"", static or whatever leds to compile
time errors, but, anyway, I can't figure out why the behaviour
changes between the two systems, unless this is a bug in gcc.

Anyone any clue ?

Thanks,
Vincent