Subject: SETGIDGAME and id games
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/08/2004 13:59:39
--k+w/mQv8wyuph6w0

Hi,

I just took a look at PR pkg/25313.  The problem here is that we
currently do not have a ``games'' owner for any games that might be
installed.  Some games, however, like to be installed setgid so they can
write to a shared scorefile.  For the base src, we have

=2Eif defined(SETGIDGAME)
BINGRP=3D         games
BINMODE=3D        2555
=2Eendif

Should we carry this over to pkgsrc as

=2Eif defined(SETGIDGAME)
GAMEGRP=3D	games
GAMEMODE=3D	2555
=2Eelse
GAMEGRP=3D	${BINGRP}
GAMEMODE=3D	${BINMODE}
=2Eendif

INSTALL_GAME=3D	${INSTALL} ${COPY} ${_STRIPFLAG_INSTALL} -o ${BINOWN} \
			-g ${GAMEGRP} -m ${GAMEMODE}

?

Then each OS can choose to provide the proper GAMEGRP (or even GAMEOWN?)
if it exists or choose to disable setgid games per default.

Make sense?

-Jan

--=20
I seem to be having this tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle.

--k+w/mQv8wyuph6w0

--k+w/mQv8wyuph6w0--