Subject: building lang/gcc3-* with SunPro
To: None <>
From: grant beattie <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/08/2004 14:59:53

gcc3-c++ assumes that it will be built with gcc and fails when using
PKGSRC_COMPILER=sunpro complaining that I should be using the
bootstrap target. hacking the package to do so resulted in missing
libintl symbols when linking cc1 (which seems strange, gcc3-c itself
built fine with SunPro).

the compiler framework seems to be getting in the way of making this
work as it should, and I suspect that it needs some massaging to avoid
this behaviour.

the questions I have are:

1. should the gcc3 packages force themselves to be built with gcc3-c
given that they already depend on it? I suspect the answer is yes...

2. how should I approach massaging the compiler framework to allow
this kind of bootstrapping of gcc3-*?

Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (NetBSD)