Subject: PREFER_LIBTERMCAP ??
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/07/2004 22:52:29
There are some PRs about missing curses dependencies.

I have been told that curses buildlinking should not be done because
native libtermcap should be used instead. Examples are bash and gtexinfo,
but there are others too.

Until someone volunteers to package up a libtermcap, I'd like to add a new
option:

PREFER_LIBTERMCAP

And teach ncurses/builtin.mk to check for an /usr/lib/libtermcap.so.

If PREFER_PKGSRC is defined for ncurses then always use ncurses.

If not and PREFER_LIBTERMCAP is set to YES, then check for native
/usr/lib/libtermcap.so and use it. If /usr/lib/libtermcap.so is not
available then use ncurses.

Then packages like gtexinfo and bash2 and others can use the
PREFER_LIBTERMCAP=	YES
and the ncurses/buildlink3.mk

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/