Subject: Re: Interix unzip build produces non-running executable
To: J. Alexander Jacocks <jjacocks@mac.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/07/2004 21:08:19
On Fri, 7 May 2004, J. Alexander Jacocks wrote:

: To add more information:
:
: It appears that the problem is zlib.  The libz.so.1.2 library seems to
: be corrupt.  Building cvs shows that no application can successfully
: load this library.  Of course, using the binary package works.

Oh, feh.  Seems I forgot to commit something...!

I committed 1.2.1nb1 just now; give it a short while to show up in anoncvs.
It needed a fix to install the library properly.

Temporary workaround:

$ chmod +x /usr/pkg/lib/libz.so.1.2

(The oddness is that Interix's ld.so *requires* that shared objects be
executable, and other *ix are lenient.  Traditionally +x is indeed required,
but modern software packages haven't done the right thing in that respect.
I've had to fix this in quite a few packages thus far, and expect to run
into several more all over the place.)

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com>