Subject: various link failures on Solaris 9
To: None <>
From: John D. Baker <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/07/2004 14:54:25
I was browsing the pkg category of the PR list and nearly submitted a
duplicate PR when I found:

gtk2 will not link on Solaris 9.  I have run into that one myself, now
with gtk+-2.4.1.  The following PRs both have exactly the same failure
mode as the one mentioned above:

all are still listed as open and conceivably, the fix for one will fix
the others as well.

I also found pkg/21781, which seems like it might be addressing the
problem more generically, although there seems to be no evidence of
the GNU-ld-specific options being passed in the first 3 PRs mentioned.

Has there been any insight into how the linker directives are getting
mangled to cause the common failure seen in these PRs?

John D. Baker, KN5UKS                    NetBSD     Darwin/MacOS X
jdbaker(at)mylinuxisp(dot)com                 OpenBSD            FreeBSD
BSD -- It just sits there and _works_!