Subject: Re: running work/.INSTALL from pkgsrc Makefile's do-install target
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/05/2004 16:34:03
On Wed, 5 May 2004, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

: Are there any examples of running work/.INSTALL from pkgsrc Makefile's
: do-install target?
: Instead of copying code from my INSTALL script fragment to my Makefile,
: I'd just like to run the generated work/.INSTALL file.

This is run for you before pre-install and after post-install; the actual
flow is:

    pre-install-script ["work/.INSTALL PRE-INSTALL" is run here]
    [create PLIST]
    post-install-script ["work/.INSTALL POST-INSTALL" is run here]

This way it basically follows the flow that will be used by a pkg_add;
PRE-INSTALL happens before files are installed, and POST-INSTALL afterwards.

Do you have an actual need to run the script outside of the normal flow

-- Todd Vierling <> <>