Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/misc/openoffice
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?C=E9sar_Catri=E1n_C=2E?= <ccatrian@eml.cc>
From: Michael Rauch <mrauch@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/05/2004 14:05:35
Hi,

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 02:11:47PM -0400, César Catrián C. wrote:
> is there a procedure to have spanish openoffice native available, as the
> binary versions you have made?

yes (I'll write the description in a general way for every supported
language):

* cd .../pkgsrc/misc/openoffice
* run make
* Get the country code (<cc>) for your language from
  work/oo_1.1.1_src/solenv/inc/postset.mk (34 for Spanish, this is normally
  the same number as the one for international phone calls).
* Get the file
  ftp://ftp.stardiv.de/pub/OpenOffice.org/contrib/helpcontent/helpcontent_<cc>_unix.tgz
  (or any other mirror). If it doesn't exist, then the helpcontent hasn't
  been translated yet and you'll get English helpfiles instead. In that
  case, you can continue at [1].
* Unpack the archive and copy the extracted files (*.zip) to
  work/oo_1.1.1_src/helpcontent/unxbsdi2.pro/bin/
* Run in tcsh
  - cd work/oo_1.1.1_src
  - source NetBSDIntelEnv.Set
  - dmake
*[1] The archives I've created are now the tarred up content of
  work/oo_1.1.1_src/instsetoo/unxbsdi2.pro/<cc>/normal/
* If you want to install it, you can also change all occurences of 01 in the
  pkgsrc-Makefile to <cc> and run "make install". But the PLIST will be
  incorrect, of course.
* Be prepared to see something similar in pkgsrc in the future. ;-)

Please let me know if anything in this description is unclear or wrong.

Michael