Subject: Re: Can't build XFree86-clients
To: Martti Kuparinen <>
From: Juan RP <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/04/2004 20:10:27

On Tue, 04 May 2004 21:05:49 +0300
Martti Kuparinen <> wrote:

> I'm trying to install almost everything from pkgsrc on my new
> home PC. I'm running Slackware 9.1.
> Any ideas why I can't build XFree?
> # uname -srm
> Linux 2.6.5 i686

This is a problem introduced in revision 1.6 of buildlink3/logic:

revision 1.6
date: 2004/04/15 09:31:48;  author: jmmv;  state: Exp;  lines: +1 -5
Let -D flags be passed through the transformation script, so that they
can be easily suppressed/modified from package Makefiles; this is needed
to fix some programs to build against GTK+ 2.4 without having to patch
the sources.

Try to use rev 1.5 and hopefully will work fine.

BTW is anyone going to fix this? rev 1.6 seems to break too many packages...

	Juan RP <>

Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (NetBSD)