Subject: Re: pdf plugin under firefox for Linux
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/04/2004 21:49:59
--0cPfB1ccX8kkdppm

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 11:22:58AM +0100, Jonathan Perkin wrote:

> As a side note, I think the MOZILLA_USE_LINUX thing is too
> confusing

... for the plugin packages, yes.

> and these packages should clearly be marked that they
> are Linux-only, as the current out-of-the-box default for pkgsrc
> is to install them blindly to the firefix-netbsd directory when
> they have no hope of working in there.

there is *some* hope, I believe FreeBSD uses a wrapper library to
assist loading linux moduless from the FreeBSD binary...

markd also mentioned this not too long ago:

	http://www.mcs.vuw.ac.nz/~mark/flashwrapper.tgz

until we have something like that, however, it is a little confusing
and the packages should be marked ONLY_FOR_PLATFORM...

grant.

--0cPfB1ccX8kkdppm

--0cPfB1ccX8kkdppm--