Subject: configuring with imake: where is ProjectRoot set?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Georg Schwarz <geos@epost.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/02/2004 13:08:03
I'm currently tackling the task of getting X11 pkgsrc software compile
on IRIX 5.3 (whose X11 admittingly is not the most current one... :-)).
${LOCALBASE}/lib/X11/config/xpkgwedge.def installed by
pkgtools/xpkgwedge has the following lines:

#ifndef ProjectRoot
/*
 * Assume the worst:  this should not happen in practice, as this setup
 * does not work with the classical /usr/{include,lib}/X11 layout.
 */
#define ProjectRoot /usr/X11
#endif

X11_ROOT = ProjectRoot

and indeed, since IRIX 5.3 does use the classical X11 layout configuring
packages using imake works only after I change the above definition of
ProjectRoot to /usr (so that /usr/{include|lib}/X11/.. are found).
The comment says it should not happen in practice; any idea why it does
on my system? Where should ProjectRoot be set?
Should I rather choose ${LOCALBASE}/share/x11-links as ProjectRoot?
Could maybe anyone say a few words about the reason of having the
x11-links symlinks?

Thanks.

Georg

--