Subject: where to find NetBSD's regex implementation?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Georg Schwarz <geos@epost.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/30/2004 22:19:21
I'm still facing the problem that IRIX 5.3 does not come with a regex
implementation, but pkgsrc needs one. The first proposal of using GNU
regex instead has been met with warnings that including/linking against
GNU stuff into pkgsrc might lead to legal issues.
While I don't understand this (not being a lawyer) I was wondering where
in the NetBSD src tree I can find its regex implementation. I found
regex.h under src/include/, but I haven't figured out so far where the
rest is located.
General comments on hoosing that approach of overcomig the lack of regex
lib would also be appreciated.
Thanks.
Georg

--