Subject: Re: lpwrapper
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/26/2004 13:43:52
On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:

> > Where was that source?
>
> Hmm maybe only in my local tree...  But it's just a matter of picking up
> mailwrapper and doing several replaces in the code; very easy.
>
> And if it can't make its way into the base system... yeah, a package sounds
> good.  Assuming the package installs its files inside prefix and replaces
> the real lp commands with links (or whatever)... how do you keep the right
> /usr/bin/lp* files during a system update?

I'd be using it without any other bin/lp* files. (Using pkgsrc on
non-NetBSD systems.)

Does anyone have an objections to making cups and other lp* packages
install the lp* binaries to libexec/${PKGNAME}/ ?

But for NetBSD, we'd have to convince that lpwrapper is useful. Maybe this
should be send-pr'd.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/