Subject: Re: lpwrapper
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/26/2004 22:36:55
On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 12:18:39 -0700 (PDT)
"Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
>
> > > But it would be nice to have a wrapper so cups, LPRng, BSD lpr, pdq and
> > > others can be quickly used.
> >
> > Search the tech-userlevel@ archives.  I once proposed it (even with an
> > implementation of it, based heavily on mailwrapper), but there were several
> > objections :-(
>
> That thread (http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-userlevel/2003/03/) is very
> long. I read most but not all.
>
> Where was that source?

Hmm maybe only in my local tree...  But it's just a matter of picking up
mailwrapper and doing several replaces in the code; very easy.

And if it can't make its way into the base system... yeah, a package sounds
good.  Assuming the package installs its files inside prefix and replaces
the real lp commands with links (or whatever)... how do you keep the right
/usr/bin/lp* files during a system update?

Cheers

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>