Subject: Re: lpwrapper
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Volker A. Brandt <vab@bb-c.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/26/2004 21:08:41
> What do you all think of a wrapper like mailwrapper for lpr and other
> printer tools?
>
> I don't know if all bin/lp* have similar command line syntax and usage.
>
> But it would be nice to have a wrapper so cups, LPRng, BSD lpr, pdq and
> others can be quickly used.

I do not think it is worth the effort.  IIRC most of these software
packages have lp and/or lpr wrappers anyway (I have not heard of
pdq).

So basically you need to figure out if you have lpr or lp, and then
you're set.  No need for a big wrapper...

Just my 2 Eurocents.
Volker A. Brandt                  Consulting and Support for Sun Solaris
Brandt & Brandt Computer GmbH              WWW: http://www.bb-c.de/~vab/
Meckenheim, Germany                                   Email: vab@bb-c.de