Subject: Re: .pc files and pkgviews
To: Min Sik Kim <>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/24/2004 10:20:04
Min Sik Kim wrote:
> Hi,
> In buildlink3, links to *.h, *.idl, *.pc, lib* files are created in
> BUILDLINK_DIR for overwrite packages.  However, only links to lib*.la
> files are created when pkgviews is enabled.  Because of that, packages
> using pkg-config cannot find *.pc files and thus fail to build.  So
> I'd like to apply the patch below to make *.pc files available at
> build time.
> Is there any reason for not creating links to *.pc files?

The .pc files were not originally linked in the bl3 directory.  bl3 was
later changed to link them, to avoid pkg-config finding "garbage".
It seems that the change was done in one place (overwrite), while it
should have been done in pkgviews too.  (So it seems ok to me).

Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
The NetBSD Project -