Subject: Re: CONF_FILES and disappearing directories
To: Eric Haszlakiewicz <erh@jodi.nimenees.com>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/24/2004 10:17:18
Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote:
> 	I noticed a bit of odd behaviour with the use of CONF_FILES.  The thing
> that first drew my attention was that pkg_delete was complaining that
> it couldn't remove the conf directory.  However, when I went and looked to
> see what was still in there, I found that the directory actually _had_
> been removed.  Searching through the ktrace output, I discovered that
> pkg_delete was removing it twice, and complaining when the second rmdir
> failed.  I suppose that's one bug: it shouldn't complain, or at least complain
> differently, when the directory is already gone.
> 	Looking further, I tracked the double rmdir down to whether or not
> CONF_FILES was set.  It seems that something goes and removes any directories
> that are empty in the path leading to the config files.  Is it supposed
> to do that?  There's no mention of that behavior in bsd.pkg.install.mk.

Which package shows this behavior?  Files registered with CONF_FILES
should be handled only by the install script, not the PLIST.  So it may
be that the package giving you errors is simply broken (because it
registers them from both places, thus giving the errors you see).

Cheers

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>