Subject: Re: typo when removing perl-5.8.3?
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Georg Schwarz <geos@epost.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/23/2004 22:28:17
> You may want to look at your installed /var/db/pkg/*/+CONTENTS files for
> "rue" also. Maybe it was an old problem that doesn't exist anymore for new
> packages for you.

it is indeed in my /var/db/pkg/perl-5.8.3/+CONTENTS

Now the question is how it got there. I have reinstalled perl a few times
today (to make sure), the file is from the time of the last reinstall, the
pkgsrc is from last Saturday.
Could it be a problem in pkgsrc/lang/perl5/module.mk?

After a bit of trying around I found:

lorenz 82% /usr/local/bin/sed -e "s,xx, 2>/dev/null || \${TRUE},"
gregregre
gregregre
fewxxgr
few 2>/dev/null ||      ruegr

lorenz 84% /usr/local/bin/sed --version
GNU sed version 4.0.8
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE,
to the extent permitted by law.

lorenz 85% echo $TRUE
true

or shorter:

lorenz 86% /usr/local/bin/sed -e "s,xx,\${TRUE},"
gfregreg
gfregreg
xx
        rue
vds
vds

lorenz 87% /usr/local/bin/sed -e "s,xx,${TRUE},"
fdgrgreg
fdgrgreg
xx
true
egreg
egreg

could it be that the backslash is the fault, that it is too much?

Why does it exist in pkgsrc/lang/perl5/module.mk?

--
Georg Schwarz    http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
 geos@epost.de     +49 177 8811442