Subject: Re: Q. re. USE_MIPSPRO in pkgsrc/lang/perl5/Makefile
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/23/2004 15:26:21

Georg Schwarz <> wrote:
> pkgsrc/lang/perl5/Makefile (as well as pkgsrc/lang/perl58/Makefile)
> checks for USE_MIPSPRO to assess whether the Mipspro compiler is being
> used.
> Isn't USE_MIPSPRO considered obsolete and should be replaced by an
> appropriate PKGSRC_COMPILER setting?

I'm not sure if USE_MIPSPRO is obsolete or not.  I recall somebody
having had problems a few weeks ago when using PKGSRC_COMPILER and _not_
setting USE_MIPSPRO, though.  I'll try to remember to check on this over
the weekend.

> Also in that Makefile,  -Duse64bitint is only used for mipspro. I wonder
> whether it should not be used for any IRIX compiler (e.g. also for gcc)
> provided ABI is 64.=20

Presumably, yes.  I'm not sure.  I haven't tried to build anything under
Irix using gcc yet.

Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.

Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (NetBSD)