Subject: Re: libnbcompat poll changes break in FreeBSD.
To: Juan RP <juan@xtraeme.unixbsd.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/23/2004 12:15:49
On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 01:19:18 +0200
Juan RP <juan@xtraeme.unixbsd.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was trying to update pkg_install on FreeBSD, but libnbcompat has failed
> with a message like "redefinition of `struct pollfd'". I think the
> problem is that HAVE_POLL is not declared in the autoconf checks, and
> HAVE_POLL_H/HAVE_SYS_POLL_H are inside of this, so nbcompat/poll.h is used
> instead AFAIK.
>
> The following patch fixes the problem...

+       AC_DEFINE(HAVE_POLL, 1)
+       AH_TEMPLATE([HAVE_POLL], [
+               Define to 1 if you have the poll() function.

That should not be needed.  AC_CHECK_FUNC automatically adds such template
to config.h.in (check by running autoheader).  Maybe the problem was that
somebody forgot to regen config.h.in after modifying configure.in...

Cheers

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>