Subject: Re: perl built without threads support?
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/22/2004 22:35:42
> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Johnny C. Lam wrote:
> > I've disabled thread support since perl58 fails some tests during a
> > "make test" on NetBSD that make me unhappy.  I've been planning on
> > adding a perl58-pthread package for some time now so that people who
> > want it can use it.
>
> Would a switch to enable threads be possible, to avoid multiple packages
> as we have for e.g. python right now?

I wanted to add a perl58-pthread package as it makes depending on a
perl58 + pthread easy.  I've heard that games/frozen-bubble requires
this to work properly.  I don't immediately see how to do this with
a make variable or to make this work properly with binary packages,
but I'd love to hear suggestions on this.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>