Subject: Re: unexpected behaviour of PKG_CONFIG=no ...
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
From: Luke Mewburn <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/22/2004 21:49:08

On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 10:51:30AM +0200, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
  | On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 15:49:06 +1000
  | Luke Mewburn <> wrote:
  | > Now, I would expect that if these files are claimed to be
  | > automatically managed AND that they're not in ${PREFIX}/etc,
  | > that pkgsrc would install them and automatically manage them.
  | Yeah, those two files should be managed by pkgsrc uncoditionally.
  | The problem is that setting PKG_CONFIG=3DNO disables the installation
  | of files specified in CONF_FILES and SUPPORT_FILES, wherever they
  | are, which seems wrong to me.
  | Maybe the behavior should be changed so that PKG_CONFIG=3DNO
  | only affects files to be copied in PKG_SYSCONFDIR (so that any
  | SUPPORT_FILES inside PREFIX get installed properly)?

Why not unconditionally install all SUPPORT_FILES and
conditionally (based on PKG_CONFIG!=3DNO (?)) install CONF_FILES.

Otherwise, what's the effective difference between CONF_FILES
and SUPPORT_FILES, other than the variable name?

BTW: I ran into this problem with sun-jre14 as well, where jvm.conf
wasn't installed even though it's a SUPPORT_FILE as well...

Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (NetBSD)