Subject: unexpected behaviour of PKG_CONFIG=no ...
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/22/2004 15:49:06
--jcwRHPSxFqmwpRFb

Hi All.

I recently tried to install galeon, and it failed during
the build of scrollkeeper because
	/usr/pkg/share/xml/catalog
didn't exist and the stuff in textproc/catalog.mk barfs.

I have PKG_CONFIG=no set in mk.conf(5).

Further investigation reveals that xmlcatmgr uses
SUPPORT_FILES to install that file, and the MESSAGE
for xmlcatmgr states:

	* ${PREFIX}/share/sgml/catalog
	  Handles SGML stuff installed under ${PREFIX}/share/sgml.
	  Automatically handled by packages.

	* ${PREFIX}/share/xml/catalog
	  Handles XML stuff installed under ${PREFIX}/share/xml.
	  Automatically handled by packages.

Now, I would expect that if these files are claimed to be
automatically managed AND that they're not in ${PREFIX}/etc,
that pkgsrc would install them and automatically manage them.

Or am I missing something?

Cheers,
Luke.

--jcwRHPSxFqmwpRFb