Subject: Re: HEADS UP: *USE_LDAP -> USE_OPENLDAP
To: None <netbsd@quatriemek.com>
From: Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi@pultek.co.jp>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/22/2004 09:36:27
> Most notably, that means the following definitions were killed:
>
> PINE_USE_LDAP          -> mail/pine
> POSTFIX_USE_LDAP       -> mail/postfix{,-current}
> SAMBA_USE_LDAP         -> net/{ja-samba,samba,samba2}
> NNTP_USE_LDAP          -> news/nntpcache
>
> and all replaced with USE_OPENLDAP.

How about testing USE_LDAP.${PKGBASE} and override USE_LDAP with
USE_LDAP.${PKGBASE}?  This way users can override package specific
values (e.g., "I don't want to use LDAP for Samba, but for others"...
I don't know if such a case exists in real life, though), keeping
variable name space cleaner.

One problem of this is that the overriding logic needs to be included
prior to any reference of USE_LDAP.

Masao