Subject: HEADS UP: *USE_LDAP -> USE_OPENLDAP
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Quentin Garnier <netbsd@quatriemek.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/21/2004 23:20:17
Hi all,

I've just committed changes that make pkgsrc consistently use USE_OPENLDAP
to activate LDAP support accross the tree.

Most notably, that means the following definitions were killed:

PINE_USE_LDAP          -> mail/pine
POSTFIX_USE_LDAP       -> mail/postfix{,-current}
SAMBA_USE_LDAP         -> net/{ja-samba,samba,samba2}
NNTP_USE_LDAP          -> news/nntpcache

and all replaced with USE_OPENLDAP.

The following packages were affected by the change from USE_LDAP to
USE_OPENLDAP:

editors/xemacs{,-current}
mail/sendmail{,811}
security/cyrus-saslauthd

For that last one, please note that simply defining USE_OPENLDAP is not
enough, while just defining USE_LDAP used to be.  You have to set it to a
variant of 'YES', to be consistent with other packages.

So, if you're a user of one of these packages, make sure your mk.conf
reflects the new reality.

"Feels like I'm fiddling while Rome is burning down.
Should I lay my fiddle down and take a rifle from the ground ?"
Leigh Nash/Sixpence None The Richer, Paralyzed, Divine Discontents, 2002.