Subject: Re: Dependencies on bl3fied libraries
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Ben Secrest <blsecres@ssdtgsm.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/21/2004 11:11:00
> On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 12:18:49 +0200
> Marc Recht <recht@NetBSD.org> wrote:
>
> > First of all it'd be good to know *which* version of the qt3-libs pkg
> > you're using. (I'm now assuming you're using the latest version.)
> >
> > > 	USE_BUILDLINK3=yes
> > > 	.include "../../x11/qt3-libs/buildlink3.mk"
> > >
> > > But at the configure (and at any other stages) a really executed command
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > In the example below, the buildlink3 wrapper gots a
> > > "-Wl,-R/usr/pkg/qt3/lib" flag (take a look to <<< characters on the
> > > right field), but the executed command don't use it at all. This cause
> > > to disable QT support for given package so as test program execution was
> > > failed (qt-mt shared library not found).

I'm seeing similar behavior with glib-2.4.0nb2 on Solaris 2.7 with
a full gnu toolchain.  Some of the glib shared libraries are linked
against libgcc_s without the proper -rpath being given to the linker.
I have to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /opt/pkg/gcc3/lib to get any glib
based applications to work.  I haven't had a chance to do any debug
work on this yet.
--
Ben Secrest <blsecres@ssdtgsm.com>