Subject: Re: State of MacOS X support? (specifically HFS+)
To: Dan Winship <danw@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/21/2004 07:24:16
On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 10:20:45AM -0400, Dan Winship wrote:
> On Apr 20, 2004, at 8:54 PM, David P. Reese Jr. wrote:
> >partitions beginning with OS X 10.3.  The only gotcha is that I'm not
> >quite
> >sure how to create a case sensitive HFS+ partition at install time.
>
> The installer won't let you, and it's not a supported configuration
> anyway.
>
> However, you can use a case-sensitive HFS+ partition instead of UFS for
> your pkgsrc stuff.
>
> It would be nice to fix up pkgsrc to not need case-sensitivity, but no
> one is currently working on that (AFAIK).

OK, is the case sensitivity requirement just for building?  Can I install
the binaries on a regular HFS+ partition and expect things to work?

I've got an external drive kicking around that'll work on my wife's machine,
so that saves me too much worry about messing up her system.

Thanks!
+j
--
Jeff Rizzo                                         http://boogers.sf.ca.us/~riz