Subject: State of MacOS X support? (specifically HFS+)
To: None <>
From: Jeff Rizzo <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/20/2004 16:43:30
Sorry if this message if off-topic for this list;  I couldn't
find a general-purpose pkgsrc help or discussion list.

Does pkgsrc on MacOS X still require the use of a UFS filesystem,
or will it work OK on HFS+ these days?  I couldn't find any
information on regarding this...

I just recall last time I tried using it, I had some weird problems
that I wound up chalking up to case-insensitivity issues, but this
was some time ago, and I vaguely recall there being an effort to clean
up some of the conflicts a while ago.

I would just try it out, but I don't want to leave stuff all over
the HD if it winds up not working well - it's my wife's mac, and
the prime directive of marital harmony is Thou Shalt Not Screw Up
Thy Wife's Computer.  :)

Jeff Rizzo