Subject: Re: gettext problems
To: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
From: Michal Pasternak <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/20/2004 11:58:23
Martti Kuparinen [Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 12:11:02PM +0300]:
> I can't compile the new gettext on Linux...

That's becakuse pkgsrc picks up library from your basesystem (and that's
perfectly intended behaviour), which, in this case, is not good enough.

To change this behaviour, add PREFER_PKGSRC=yes to /etc/mk.conf and
recompile (or at least PREFER_PKGSRC=libiconv gettext-lib... and some other
packages, perhaps, that gettext depends on)

Anyway, using a Linux OS with PREFER_PKGSRC set to 'yes' seems very
reasonable for me (I don't have to care about incompatible/old versions of
libs in Linux' basesystem)