Subject: Re: X apps cannot find app-defaults
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Chuck Cranor <chuck@ece.cmu.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/16/2004 14:50:12
On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 11:37:47AM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> pkg_info -D xpkgwedge
> (I don't know about this myself, but maybe that explains it.)

it says I have to manually set XAPPLRESDIR in some system files
to make it work, and sure enough it does.

but, that's a really terrible interface!   i didn't even ask
for xpkgwedge to install itself, pkgsrc did it own its own.
and that message was long gone from my xterm by the time xmmix
finished installing.

you guys need to find a way to make this work automatically,
otherwise it is going to confuse a lot of people because the
application's don't totally break, but they don't look right
either.

chuck