Subject: Re: Firefox patches
To: None <blsecres@ssdtgsm.com>
From: Shin'ichiro TAYA <taya@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/16/2004 12:28:03
From: Ben Secrest <blsecres@ssdtgsm.com>
Subject: Firefox patches
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 14:31:17 -0400

> I'm trying to build Mozilla Firefox 0.8 on a Solaris 2.7 system.  The
> build is failing due to IPv6 support added in various places by
> applied patches.  This system doesn't support IPv6 by default.  Some
> of the necessary defines and structures are missing from sys/socket.h
> and netdb.h:

I don't know much about Solaris.
If there is a IPv6 package for Solaris 2.7, you should install it
befor building firefox or mozilla.
There is a official release package for Solaris 2.7, so I guest there
is a IPv6 package for Solaris 2.7.

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/releases/mozilla1.6/contrib/mozilla-sparc-sun-solaris2.8-1.6.tar.gz

IPv6 package is required to build Mozilla but Mozilla will probe IPv6
protocl stack and use it if it is avaiable.
So you don't need IPv6 package to run Mozilla.

BTW, there are other requirements to run mozilla on Solaris.
Have you installed them?

http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla1.6/installation-ports.html#ports_solaris