Subject: Re: Pull-ups to the 2004Q1 branch (was: CVS commit: pkgsrc/multimedia)
To: None <>
From: Jonathan Perkin <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/14/2004 16:56:10

* On 2004-04-14 at 16:34 BST, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> At this time (as I understand it), we don't plan to have every
> fix pulled up to the stable branch. The pullups should be all
> security fixes and crucial infrastructure bug fixes.
> We don't have the resources (and maybe don't have the desire)
> to pull up all bug fixes.

FWIW, I do.  I'd love to have a stable branch on which to get as
many packages building on Solaris as can be achieved without
significant infrastructure changes (e.g. the bl3 handling of GCC
flags), which I think would be a great selling point.

I'm finding HEAD pkgsrc far too unstable right now, as I haven't
been able to do a Solaris bulk build in weeks now due to various
bugs, and so I have resorted to working on a local copy of the
branch so that I can have a stable base on which to work.

If the only thing stopping us from having a permanent
pkgsrc-stable branch with periodic tags for security pullups is
a resource issue, then count me as someone who would happily
work on it.

Jonathan Perkin                         <>
BBC Internet Services

Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (NetBSD)