Subject: examples of pkgs with install media on cd?
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Dan McMahill <dmcmahill@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/13/2004 22:34:03
Does anyone have an example of pkgsrc for a large application whose
"distfile" is actually several CD's worth of stuff?  I'd like
to create a local package, pkgsrc/local/foo, for a very large
app.  I don't really want to have to pull off the files from 3
cd's and make one really big distfile.  The manual installation of
this software consists of running 'install.sh' from CD #1 and there
is a text interface which along the way prompts you to swap in
different CD's.

I suppose I could set things up for no distfile and have the
do-install target do something like prompt you for the CD and
then run the 'install.sh' script.

Is this a solved problem?

Thanks.

-Dan