Subject: xpkgwedge, X11TYPE=XFree86 and tightvncviewer
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/09/2004 22:47:02
My LOCALBASE is /usr. I am using X11TYPE=XFree86. I have installed many
packages like that.

Now xpkgwedge is default and tightvncviewer (which has an USE_IMAKE style
build) installed the binary to /usr/X11R6/bin/vncviewer and man
page to /usr/X11R6/man/man1/vncviewer.1x.

But the PLIST didn't work because the PREFIX was not "/usr/X11R6/".

The other files in the PLIST were fine because they were installed to
${PREFIX} using the post-install: target.

My XFree86-* packages including imake are installed to /usr/X11R6.
xscreensaver and other X11 software are installed to /usr/bin.

Some problem with USE_IMAKE and xpkgwedge I think in my situation. I will
need to look further later.

Anyways, my simple workaround was to have a do-install target to install
thosw two files (${PREFIX}/bin/vncviewer and the man page).

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/