Subject: Re: lang/tcl, lang/tcl83 build failure on MacOS X
To: NetBSD Packages <>
From: Dan Winship <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/09/2004 19:50:43
OK, committed the fixes to tcl and tk.

Unfortunately, anything that tries to link against tcl is still going
to run into problems with its dependencies (-lpthread, etc). The
dependency info is in the installed, and it seems like the
right thing to do would be to extract it into tcl's
somehow for other packages to use. But the best I could come up with

TCL_DEPLIBS?= ${TCLCONFIG_SH:!(cat ${TCLCONFIG_SH}; echo eval echo
'\$TCL_LIBS') | ${SH}!}

but I'm sure there must be a better way. (We could also just hack each
package's configure script to source, but that seems like
a lot of work.)

-- Dan