Subject: Re: 'checking length of command line arguments' configure delays
To: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
From: Dan Winship <danw@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/08/2004 19:04:02
On Apr 8, 2004, at 12:54 PM, Todd Vierling wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Apr 2004, Dick Davies wrote:
>
> : checking the maximum length of command line arguments...
>
> [coming from libtool's autoconf fragments, actually]

If the value is only computed for libtool, then isn't the work
completely wasted, given that we just overwrite the configure-generated
libtool with a link to the installed pkgsrc libtool?

If so, it should be safe to just globally set lt_cv_sys_max_cmd_len to
some random value in bsd.pkg.mk (and unset it in
devel/libtool-base/Makefile so that that one configure script will
still compute it).

-- Dan