Subject: Re: X11_TYPE=XFree86 is mandatory.
To: Juan RP <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/08/2004 11:26:46
On Thu, 8 Apr 2004, Juan RP wrote:
> What do you think about this?
> + Building XFree86 from pkgsrc
> + ============================
> +
> +If you want to use XFree86 from pkgsrc under any platform supported, you will
> +have to add the following lines into /etc/mk.conf:

Erm, that doesn't fit in there at all. the paragraph is about bulk builds,
and preferably standard ones. See the note about xpkgwedge in, i
guess doing the same for the XFree86 X would be ok to do:

``If you want to use Xfree86 from pkgsrc instead of your system's own
X11 (/usr/X11R6, /usr/openwin, ...), then add:

	(I forgot)''

The paragraph you sent would fit into the FAQ section (#10.x) though:
"How can I use X from pkgsrc instead of my system?".

 - Hubert

Hubert Feyrer <>