Subject: Re: pkg/23452 nroff needed to build security/audit-packages
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/07/2004 17:09:52
--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi

Hi,

I was looking at
http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=3D23452

Of course the brute-force solution of just adding a dependency on
textproc/groff if we're using IRIX should get this working, but that
would imply depending on a rats tail of various packages such as
tiff, ghostscript and whatnot.

The only reason we need nroff here in this case is for the catman pages.
Since this package is rather important I'd be inclined to forego the
catman pages under IRIX and not depend on all that gunk, even though a
lightweight groff package for basic man-page processing or some such
would be nice.

Any objections if I remove the catman pages for IRIX?

-Jan

--=20
You can blame it all on the Internet.
	Larry Wall