Subject: Re: INSTALLATION_DIRS and binary packages?
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/07/2004 20:59:03
INSTALLATION_DIRS is only needed when installing from sources; that's because
it's in bsd.pkg.mk.  When the package gets created, with a file inside the
man/man1 directory, that directory will get created when extracting the
package (tarball), so the file can be placed in it.

${MKDIR} lines and/or MAKE_DIRS, are only needed to create empty directories.

Hope this helps, if I understood you properly.

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>