Subject: Re: graphics/libexif-gtk and gtkam and GTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED failures
To: Robert Lillack <lillack@mis.mpg.de>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/06/2004 19:26:54
On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 07:07:39PM +0200, Robert Lillack wrote:
> Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>
> > What does this GTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED mean?
> >
> > And is this related to new gtk+-2.4.0 update?
>
> Yes. This define (as the name implies) disables deprecated
> features of your GTK lib. Looks like gtkam does *not* use
> features which have been deprecated in 2.2 but it *does* use some
> deprecated in 2.4. Now, call that "API & ABI compatible" again...
> ;-/

It's compatible as long as you don't use *_DISABLE_DEPRECATED, AFAICT.
Maybe there is a newer version of gtkam and libexif that works with
GTK+ 2.4 out of the box?  If not, I think removing those defines is ok
(maybe some BUILDLINK_TRANSFORM magic can avoid manual patching? ;).

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>