Subject: Do not package Ted-2.15
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Jonathan <j.e.drews@worldnet.att.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/04/2004 18:12:25
OS Tested on: NetBSD 1.6.2
Platform: i386
Package: /usr/pkgsrc/editors/ted

Hi:

 The newest version of the word processor Ted-2.15 is available now.
However it has a serious bug in it's tables that causes crashes. I have
been helping the developer Mark de Does and he has told me that if any
serious bugs were found, then he would produce a 2.16 release. I do
expect that to happen in the next few months. In the mean time NetBSD
has Ted version 2.14, which should be adequate.

 No new features were added in Ted 2.15; it was a bug fix and had a
partial implementation of lists and bullets. It appears the partially
completed list/bullets implementation is causing some trouble. I am the
maintainer of the Ted port, in FreeBSD. I was also testing it here on
NetBSD so as to make sure that it works well for this OS too.

                  Kind regards,
                   Jonathan