Subject: Re: glib2-2.4.0 build failure on MacOS X
To: Michal Pasternak <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
From: John D. Baker <jdbaker@mylinuxisp.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/03/2004 18:54:02
On Sat, 3 Apr 2004, Michal Pasternak wrote:

> John D. Baker [Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 08:57:31PM -0600]:
> > I've been searching every library on the system and it seems Apple left
> > the wide character/string functions out, or failed to make their symbols
> > public (or omitted them from the library based on install-time deselection
> > of national language packages?)...  Thus:
>
> What about #include <wchar.h> and <wctype.h> ?

There are no such header files in MacOS X 10.1.5 nor 10.2.8.
wchar_t is _conditionally_ defined in <stddef.h> and <stdlib.h>.

The issue is that _wcslen is not resolved when linking.  That symbol
is not present in any library on MacOS 10.1.5 or 10.2.8.

The quick and dirty way to keep glib2-2.4.0 from referencing _wcslen
is to force it to believe that there is no definition for wchar_t.

--
John D. Baker, KN5UKS                    NetBSD     Darwin/MacOS X
jdbaker(at)mylinuxisp(dot)com                 OpenBSD            FreeBSD